Recieving Stolen Property ?

Recieving Stolen Property ?
I recently bought a registered quarter horse in South Carolina. After paying for him, I found out that these people did not own him. I have found and spoken to the original owner in Illinois. They are fine with my having the horse, but will not relinquish his paper work until they are paid. So what do I do? I have the bill of sale, will I have to pay twice?

One thought on “Recieving Stolen Property ?

  1. Re: Recieving Stolen Property ?
    I would suggest that you contact the person that sold you the horse and explain to them that not only can you sue them, but that there is the possiblity of criminal charges. Hopefully that will be enough to convince them to refund your money. If it doesn’t work, then you can go ahead and make good on your warnings to them. You can go ahead and sue them and call the Solicitors office and ask them if criminal charges are appropriate.

    Robert Johnston
    Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston
    P.O. Box 15035
    Surfside Beach, SC 29587

Comments are closed.