I have been served with Eviction papers.

I have been served with Eviction papers. I own a mobile home and the park is claiming I owe a lot of back rent. Have 5 days to respond. I do not feel this action is justified. Can I answer the court myself or do I need to have an Attorney prepare the response.

3 thoughts on “I have been served with Eviction papers.

  1. Though retaining an attorney is always strongly recommended, it isn’t strictly required to file an answer. Remember also that you may be required to post with the clerk all the rent they claim you owe, even if you don’t think you owe it. If you don’t both file an answer and post the rent, you could be evicted automatically, but I can’t tell you for sure. To know for sure, you should hire a lawyer.

    Brent Rose
    The Orsini & Rose Law Firm
    410 Ware Boulevard, Suite 401
    Tampa (and Throughout Florida), FL 33619

  2. You may represent yourself “pro se;” however, you may wish to consult with an attorney in your area. An attorney can ensure you respond to all the claims appropriately and raise any defenses.

    Chris McChesney
    The Law Firm of Chris McChesney
    P.O. Box 320901
    Tampa, FL 33679

  3. You can do it yourself. A lawyer is better, but the courts deal with pro se people all the time.

    Alan Wagner
    Wagner, Vaughan & McLaughlin, P.A.
    601 Bayshore Boulevard; Suite 910
    Tampa, FL 33606

Comments are closed.