power of attorney My husband is in jail.

power of attorney
My husband is in jail. Before he was arrested he had filed a small claims action against a employer who didnt pay him. The hearing came. Since he was in cusody I went in his place being I have a general power of attorney and it is noterized. The judge voiced the matter ”off calender”. Being I wasnt the plaintiff he mumbled some CCP and I wrote the CCP down . However that CCP the judge mumbled was not pertinant to a power of attoreney. What on earth can I do to get this matter heard without my husband present?

One thought on “power of attorney My husband is in jail.

  1. Re: power of attorney
    You should consult an attorney in your area regarding effectuating an “assignment of rights” a procedure in which your husband will assign you his legal rights against his employer.


    Arkady Itkin

    Arkady Itkin
    The Law Office of Arkady Itkin
    335 Powell Street, 14th Floor
    San Francisco, CA 94102

Comments are closed.