One thought on “Removal of name on land contract I am separated from my husband and need to…

  1. Re: Removal of name on land contract
    In order to remove your name from a land contract, you will have to procure the consent of the parties to the contract. It is as if you signed a mortgage and need to get out of the mortgage because your husband will be living in the house and you have agreed with him that he will take on the financial responsibility for the house. In such situations, the mortgage is typically refinanced in the name of only the party to be obligated. If you cannot obtain consent, procure a written agreement with your husband that will allow you to collect against him should he neglect to make the payments.

    If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via my website at

    Renee Walsh
    Walsh Law PLLC
    1805 Hamilton Road
    Okemos, MI 48864

Comments are closed.