Deceased Claim A SB a/c is in India.

Deceased Claim
A SB a/c is in India. Some of Legal heirs are in India and some of LRs are aborad. Please let me know how the claim documents (affidavit, indemnity bond & authority letter) of LRs residing at aborad be routed to the Banking authority.

5 thoughts on “Deceased Claim A SB a/c is in India.

  1. Re: Deceased Claim
    You can check with the bank whether they will require the documents to be apostile or only notarization is sufficient. Further, as far as routing is concerned you can sent the same to the bank through Airmail or courier.

    Pranav Desai
    PD Legal & Associates
    4, Sagar Society, Fatimanagar
    Pune, NUS 411013

  2. Re: Deceased Claim
    you can send them by air mail and they can sign the same and send back

    Aniruddha Pawse
    Aniruddha.P.Pawse Advocates
    3,Ramchandra Smruti, Bhaskar Colony, S.V Rd, Naupada,
    Thane(w), NUS 400602

  3. Re: Deceased Claim
    you can ask for the GPA from the LR’s Living abraod in favor of any of person livivng in india.

    Jalandhar, INDIA 144004

  4. Re: Deceased Claim
    The Bank may be having its own well defined rules/procedures to deal with such cases. You may obtain the necessary forms / formats from the Bank and supply them the required documents for further necessary action.

    Sudershan Goel
    Attorney-at-Law (India)/ Visiting Scholar, UNC-CH USA
    Sureme Court of India
    New Delhi, 110001

  5. Re: Deceased Claim
    affidavits,authority letter and indemnity bonds of L.Rs. outside India can be got signed before the designated officials of the consulate or Embassy of India in those places and after getting them attested by those official with his seal sent on to India to be presented to the Bank.

    J. Radhakrishnan
    independent Practice
    Priya Mahaall, New 27, Old 12/3, Deivasigamani Street
    Chennai, NUS 600014

Comments are closed.