3 thoughts on “Living trust after death Grandpa passed left living will.

  1. Re: Living trust after death
    Quite simple really. If under $100,000 in total you would use small estate affidavits (Probate Code 13100). If more than $100,000 then you can probably do a Heggstad petition (PC 17200). The first is pretty easy and forms can probably be found on the net somewhere. The second is pretty technical and involves a petition to the probate Court to retroactivly put the assets into the trust. It is NOT a full probate but more of a mini probate. I recommend hiring a qualified probate attorney… in particular for the second one. I do probates throughout California if you would like to discuss your case. -John

    John Palley
    Meissner, Joseph & Palley, Inc.
    1555 River Park Drive, Suite 108
    Sacramento, CA 95815

  2. Re: Living trust after death
    File a Heggstad Petition.

    Phillip Lemmons, Esq.
    Law Offices of Phillip C. Lemmons
    10221 Slater Avenue, Suite 106
    Fountain Valley, CA 92708

  3. Re: Living trust after death
    Living will has nothing to do with “after death”. Assets not in the name of the trust, are not in the trust and must pass through a probate, or if appropriate and simplified probate proceeding or technique.

    Mitchell Roth
    MW Roth, Professional Law Corporation
    13245 Riverside Dr. Suite 320
    Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

Comments are closed.