5 thoughts on “absence of a living will When there is no living will and the father dies, what…

  1. Re: absence of a living will
    If Your father died and he did not have a will than the estate property would pass to the beneficiaries according to be laws regarding people who died without a will. This usually means the lineal (children )would share the estate property equally unless there is a surviving spouse. In addition, any property held as joint tenants with a right of survivorship, IRA, pension plans, life insurance,etc. has to be looked at to determine who the beneficiaries are. I would suggest that you sent me an e-mail with a phone number that I can reach you and a the time of day I should call you to discusses in for the detail. If you need help I look forward to speaking with you.

    Robert Roemer
    Robert Brian Roemer LLC
    11380 Prosperity Farms Rd Suite 204
    Palm Beach Gardens, 33410-3474

  2. Re: absence of a living will
    The estate will be probated according to the laws of intestacy in the deceased’s home state. These differ in every state.

    Daniel Cevallos
    Cevallos & Wong, LLP
    1417 Locust Street, Suite 300
    Philadelphia, PA 19102

  3. Re: absence of a living will
    A living will is the document that directs what happens to the person while he is still alive ie life support etc.

    Is this what you are asking about?

    Glenn Brown
    Real World Law, P.C.
    6774 Market St
    Upper Darby, PA 19082

  4. Re: absence of a living will
    The laws vary by state, but in Florida, minor dependents and spouses have the right to remain in the homestead property of the decedent.

    Matthew Weidner
    Matthew D. Weidner, P.A.
    1229 Central Avenue
    Saint Petersburg, FL 33705

  5. Re: absence of a living will
    A living will is used to direct whether or not a person will be on life support. I think your referring to a will. If there is no will then the intestacy laws will apply. The intestacy laws very from state to state, therefore you should consult with a probate attorney in the state in which your father resided.

    Gordon Nicol
    Law Office of Gordon T. Nicol
    7545 Centurion Parkway, Suite 108
    Jacksonville, FL 32256

Comments are closed.