Probate My parents owned a house jopintly.

My parents owned a house jopintly. they got divorced in 1984. We cannot locate a Property Settlement. My father re-married, he and his new wife did not have children but she had children from a previous marriage. My father died, and then his new wife died and then my mother died. I am living in the house which is still in my parents name. I have two brothers who do not want the house and are filling to sign quit claim deeds. How can I proceed with getting this house in my name.

2 thoughts on “Probate My parents owned a house jopintly.

  1. Re: Probate
    NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney’s individualized advice for you. By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

    First, I would check the court records for the divorce. If you cannot find anything, then a title search should be done to make sure you have not missed any possible transfers between your parents.

    If you do not find anything, then the next step would be to open a probate for your mom. Your siblings can file a waiver in your favor for the property. The Personal Representative of the Estate will be able to transfer the title to you. You will also need to record a certified copy of your father’s death certificate in order to clear any possible title problem(s) in the future.

    Scott R. Jay, Esq.

    Scott R. Jay
    Law Offices of Scott R. Jay
    1575 Northeast 205th Street
    Miami, FL 33179-2133

  2. Re: Probate
    Probate your mother’s estate.

    David Slater
    David P. Slater, Esq.
    5154 Windsor Parke Dr.
    Boca Raton, FL 33496

Comments are closed.