One thought on “Quit Claim Deed I need to add my Ex-wife to the deed on the house.

  1. Re: Quit Claim Deed
    You should discuss this action with an attorney. If you add her as a joint tenant, then the first to die loses their interest in the house and the survivor owns the entire house. In my experience the title would be held as tenants in common. This way the interest of each party remains should one of the owners die. Also why would you want to add her name to the title of the property?

    Lyle Johnson
    Lyle W. Johnson Attorney at Law
    152 N. Third Street, Suite 510
    San Jose, CA 95112

Comments are closed.