Home Deed I own a home with a friend.

Home Deed
I own a home with a friend. We are dissolving our partnership in the home and want to drop my name from the deed. What is an inexpensive way to do it. Can I get a quit claim deed and have him and I sign it, notarize it and take to deeds office in our county?

2 thoughts on “Home Deed I own a home with a friend.

  1. Re: Home Deed
    Yes, a quit claim deed will allow you to transfer the property. If there is a mortgage involved with this property, I don’t recommend doing the quit claim deed until the friend refinances the mortgage to ensure that you are no longer liable for it. I would be happy to help you with this, to ensure it is done properly.

    Lesley Hoenig
    Lesley A. Hoenig, Attorney at Law
    300 South University Avenue
    Mount Pleasant, MI 48858

  2. Re: Home Deed
    If you are presently both owners of the home, then you both will have to sign a Quit Claim Deed to transfer the property. You will need to comply with the laws for drafting and recording the deed to make sure it is effective. http://www.altonlawfirmplc.com

    Wendy Alton
    Fausone Bohn LLP
    41700 West Six Mile Rd, Ste 101
    Northville, MI 48168

Comments are closed.